Bookmark and Share 2016 the hottest year on record    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Life of Debauchery .com > Political Smackdown

Wolfbitch
Warnings: 27,491

And indeed all references to climate change have been removed from the climate change website. The whole link is no longer active.

But they haven't replaced it with anything inane yet.

Yes, you who must leave everything that you cannot control
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul
Well, I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned
When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned
Post 01/20/17 02:57pm
 View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

BigW
Col Cad...Mutant...Extraordinaire

Don't worry Wolfie.I'm sure Comrade Putin will fix everything.Stay the course.

Conservative Christian Coalition for Perfection

Post 01/20/17 03:05pm
 View users profile Send private message

bloodpuppet
No Salvation
No Salvation

Oh nos. The climate is changing!!!!

Fuck you. I am old enough to have been told that before I reached my current age, humans would not be able to go outside due to acid rain. Then, we were threatened with the absolute death of everything in the oceans in thirty years. This was in the early 80's. Then, global warming was going to sink the coasts by 2010----Jersey Shore is still on.

Funny thing is, the climate has changed far more drastically, but without humans to make political points, did it really happen? I know, because fucking science, that for millions of years the earth was warmer than it is now. I also know, again, because fucking science, that the earth was colder than it is now. The last ice age ended 10,000 years ago. So we have been warming for 10,000 fucking years. Get over yourselves.

Post 01/20/17 03:54pm

bloodpuppet
No Salvation
No Salvation

And, 300---That is the approximate number of years we have relatively accurate records---Is not a real indicative subset of 10,000---again because of fucking science.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have liquor to drink and cam models to ogle.

Post 01/20/17 03:57pm

elemental
No Salvation
No Salvation

laugh.gif
Post 01/20/17 03:57pm

BigW

quote:
Originally posted by bloodpuppet
Oh nos. The climate is changing!!!!

Fuck you. I am old enough to have been told that before I reached my current age, humans would not be able to go outside due to acid rain. Then, we were threatened with the absolute death of everything in the oceans in thirty years. This was in the early 80's. Then, global warming was going to sink the coasts by 2010----Jersey Shore is still on.

Funny thing is, the climate has changed far more drastically, but without humans to make political points, did it really happen? I know, because fucking science, that for millions of years the earth was warmer than it is now. I also know, again, because fucking science, that the earth was colder than it is now. The last ice age ended 10,000 years ago. So we have been warming for 10,000 fucking years. Get over yourselves.

Fuck you ,you turnip pickin' hick.I don't care how long you've been around.You were born ignorant and been losing ground ever since.You act like science can never be wrong,that they must be right on 100% of the time or their stupid as you.Science has made many mistakes over the centuries,but without those mistakes we wouldn't have learned.Yes, this has been going on since the 80's maybe even earlier,they were scared of Global cooling in the 70's,they got that wrong.The evidence has been growing steadily on Climate change for quite a while.The predictions for the jersey shore is bad,but not in our lifetimes,some figure between 50 and 200 years all depending on a now unstoppable decay of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet .

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/melt-of-key-antarctic-glaciers-unstoppable-studies-find-17426

What does 10 feet more of water do?

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/us-with-10-feet-of-sea-level-rise-17428

There is this one guy named "Dr Doom" that thinks 50 years is more reasonable

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/southern-ocean-county/long-beach-township/2015/12/31/nj-sea-level-climate-change/76041572/

Funny thing is the levels of atmospheric carbon have officially surpassed 400 parts per million (ppm), and there’s little hope of returning them to safe levels - the situation is now permanent.

What’s the big deal about 400 ppm? Well, the 'safe' level of CO2 in the atmosphere is considered to be 350 ppm, and the last time Earth experienced levels that were consistently this high was roughly 4 million years ago. That means humans have literally never experienced CO2 like this before.

I know none of this matters to a dumbass such as yourself,so why don't you go pick the fleas off your mother's back while I pray God give's you the intelligence he gave a pile of shit.

Post 01/20/17 09:01pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

They only call it climate change because global warming didn't work

That should make you suspicious. I just think all the projections are premature

Post 01/20/17 09:31pm

BigW

quote:
Originally posted by AWM

Actually they changed it over time because Global Warming was too narrow a term

"Global warming refers only to the Earth's rising surface temperature, while climate change includes warming and the “side effects” of warming—like melting glaciers, heavier rainstorms, or more frequent drought. Said another way, global warming is one symptom of the much larger problem of human-caused climate change.Jun 17, 2015"

No link this time Big Guy laugh.gif

Post 01/20/17 09:42pm

BigW

quote:
Originally posted by AWM

To be honest,I thought the same way.Slowly came around 10-15 years ago.I'm not worried for us,just the screwing were causing to future generations.The best we can do now is try and keep climate change to a lower level than some of the models have predicted. Right now,we're ahead of the worst models that scientists created just a few years ago.

I just wondering AWM,what would/could happen to change your mind,as mine was.

Would it be one thing or a set of things?Just curious.

Post 01/20/17 09:47pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

I'm not sure what would change my mind - less screeching from the left would help.

Here's the way I look at it:

If a bird flies over your house, you would not take a look at it's flight pattern and then extrapolate that to project his path out into the solar system. That would be ridiculous; you would be laughed at for taking such a small sampling and trying to project hundreds of years into the future.

Well, that is the same damn thing that they are doing with this junk science. We haven't had accurate measurements for more than 100 years, yet they make models based on a tiny sampling of data. This is why their models are always wrong, and why they cover up the results, or change the name. Climate change? What fucking retardation is that? The climate changed between last night and this morning. They changed it to make it more palatable with less results.

So, just like the sparrow that flew over my garage this morning will not approach Saturn, there is no reliable evidence that we will continue with any predictable pattern. We will die out, likely after much less time than the dinosaurs enjoyed, and something will start over.

And then some idiots will get scared, and invent god. laugh.gif

Post 01/21/17 08:17am

BigW

quote:
Originally posted by AWM
I'm not sure what would change my mind - less screeching from the left would help.

Here's the way I look at it:

If a bird flies over your house, you would not take a look at it's flight pattern and then extrapolate that to project his path out into the solar system. That would be ridiculous; you would be laughed at for taking such a small sampling and trying to project hundreds of years into the future.

Well, that is the same damn thing that they are doing with this junk science. We haven't had accurate measurements for more than 100 years, yet they make models based on a tiny sampling of data. This is why their models are always wrong, and why they cover up the results, or change the name. Climate change? What fucking retardation is that? The climate changed between last night and this morning. They changed it to make it more palatable with less results.

So, just like the sparrow that flew over my garage this morning will not approach Saturn, there is no reliable evidence that we will continue with any predictable pattern. We will die out, likely after much less time than the dinosaurs enjoyed, and something will start over.

And then some idiots will get scared, and invent god. laugh.gif

Science has made so many things possible.If it wasn't for science our life expectancy would probably be in the 50's.Look at all the advances science has given us.Without science,we'd still be sacrificing virgins to the God of our choice.Without science we wouldn't even know about our solar system.We'd still be thinking the sun revolved around the earth.To me,the evidence that started out slowly in the 80's on climate change has now grown more rapidly over the last decade.

I do not believe the Scientists are trying to fool us,I see no fraud when examining climate change analysis.When trying to predict what's going to happen in the future,I do not see anyone gazing into a crystal ball,I see a building of evidence from past decades,experiments after experiments,slowly bringing us more and more evidence that climate change is happening.Have they been wrong on some of their hypothesis,big time."Being wrong is not the same as being guilty of junk science.The scientific method calls for trial-and-error until the truth is determined. More than likely, this means many trials and many errors. Scientists learn from their errors. So wrong science is part of the scientific method."

I'll be nice again and not put up a link to that last quote. grin.gif

If less screeching form the left will help you change your mind,We know that will never happen. grin.gif

If you can afford it and have the time,take a trip to the Artic,one of the places being hit hardest by climate change,talk to people in the know,try and get a better handle on it.One Republican congressman went some of the melting glaciers that are happening around the world.Talked and listen to people.It helped him change his mind.

I know some people will never change their minds and you fit into this group,but one thing all the evidence has been pointing to is,this is no junk science.

Post 01/21/17 12:06pm

bloodpuppet
No Salvation
No Salvation

Real science has repeatable results.

Religion has faith based belief and consensus.

If climate change as it is currently presented, were occurring, as described, you could take the models used, and plug the numbers in at any time since the end of the last ice age, and get fairly accurate results for climate patterns that we are aware of.

Guess what happens when you do that?

You get huge warming trends that did not happen.

Guess what is a more accurate predictor of climate patterns----

Sunspot activity.

Pretty hard to force reasonable people to act a certain way to control sunspots, so hey, let's tell them that snail darters are dying because of their greed.

Post 01/22/17 07:59am

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

^ You just did a much better job of making my point, thank you

This has always been about control

Post 01/22/17 09:26am

BigW

quote:
Originally posted by bloodpuppet
Real science has repeatable results.

Religion has faith based belief and consensus.

If climate change as it is currently presented, were occurring, as described, you could take the models used, and plug the numbers in at any time since the end of the last ice age, and get fairly accurate results for climate patterns that we are aware of.

Guess what happens when you do that?

You get huge warming trends that did not happen.

Guess what is a more accurate predictor of climate patterns----

Sunspot activity.

Pretty hard to force reasonable people to act a certain way to control sunspots, so hey, let's tell them that snail darters are dying because of their greed.

First,let me thank you for not giving me the old "Fuck You" attitude.

You say real science has repeatable results.Not so.Science can be way more complex than just repeatable results.

"But the real problem in your question is the mistaken idea that climate since is based on the "models." The models are very important for dealing with second, third and fourth order effects, but the bases for climate science are thermodynamics, radiation physics, chemistry, astrophysics and bits and pieces of other areas of previously well developed science. For the most part climate scientists start with fields of science that have been well accepted for over one hundred years! But the Earth system is too complicated to respond exactly in line with a few basic equations. That's where the models come in to make the fine adjustments, as in how much warming can be expected from a doubling of equivalent CO2 concentration and what parts of the Earth will warm more, warm less, get more precipitation and less precipitation."

https://www.quora.com/If-science-is-based-on-observation-and-repeatable-experiments-why-is-the-science-settled-on-climate-change-when-it-is-based-on-prediction-models

A Climate Myth:

Models are unreliable
"[Models] are full of fudge factors that are fitted to the existing climate, so the models more or less agree with the observed data. But there is no reason to believe that the same fudge factors would give the right behaviour in a world with different chemistry, for example in a world with increased CO2 in the atmosphere." (Freeman Dyson)

"Climate models are mathematical representations of the interactions between the atmosphere, oceans, land surface, ice – and the sun. This is clearly a very complex task, so models are built to estimate trends rather than events. For example, a climate model can tell you it will be cold in winter, but it can’t tell you what the temperature will be on a specific day – that’s weather forecasting. Climate trends are weather, averaged out over time - usually 30 years. Trends are important because they eliminate - or "smooth out" - single events that may be extreme, but quite rare."

https://www.skepticalscience.com/climate-models.htm

Real science not having repeatable results happens in other areas also:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/scientists-replicated-100-psychology-studies-and-fewer-half-got-same-results-180956426/

As for sun activity.It's one of four factors for determining Global Temperatures:

"Weather on Earth can also be affected. According to Bob Berman, astronomer for The Old Farmer’s Almanac: NOAA scientists have now concluded that four factors determined global temperatures: carbon dioxide levels, volcanic eruptions, Pacific El Niño pattern, and the Sun’s activity.
•Global climate change including long-term periods of global cold, rainfall, drought, and other weather shifts may also be influenced by solar cycle activity."

"Solar activity has been a main driver of climate change over geologic time, although its role in the recent warming has not been found to be significant."

"The study of [sun spot] cycles was generally popular through the first half of the century. Governments had collected a lot of weather data to play with and inevitably people found correlations between sun spot cycles and select weather patterns. If rainfall in England didn't fit the cycle, maybe storminess in New England would. Respected scientists and enthusiastic amateurs insisted they had found patterns reliable enough to make predictions. Sooner or later though every prediction failed. An example was a highly credible forecast of a dry spell in Africa during the sunspot minimum of the early 1930s. When the period turned out to be wet, a meteorologist later recalled "the subject of sunspots and weather relationships fell into dispute, especially among British meteorologists who witnessed the discomfiture of some of their most respected superiors." Even in the 1960s he said, "For a young [climate] researcher to entertain any statement of sun-weather relationships was to brand oneself a crank."

One question though.What the hell is a snail darter and how greedy were they?

Post 01/22/17 02:45pm

Riotgear
Abogado del Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by BigW

One question though.What the hell is a snail darter and how greedy were they?

OK, now that one I had to look up.
Post 01/22/17 03:08pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

Some more info to show that this is a complete lie....
Post 04/01/17 07:25am

bloodpuppet
No Salvation
No Salvation

I don't know, Scarlett Johansson was pretty steamy last year.
Post 04/01/17 01:57pm

Thespar
665 Neighbor of the Beast

http://climate.nasa.gov

If you trust NASA to put a space station in orbit, a man on the moon several times, and remote control a rover on another goddamn planet, why do you REFUSE to believe them when they (and nearly ALL THE PLANETS SCIENTISTS) when they say we are destroying the earth?

How stupid are you people?

Post 04/01/17 03:57pm
 View users profile Send private message Send email

Ripdog
What a fuckin' dog

Thespar doing his research... laugh.gif
Post 04/01/17 07:21pm

Wolfbitch
Warnings: 27,491

50,000,000 years ago, between the Pliocene and the early Pleistocene eras, the earth underwent a gigantic warming period. Oceans dried up, even in the deepest remaining parts of the ocean, most creatures died. On land, reptiles like alligators rose up, and primate mammals were able to migrate across newly-emerging land bridges to new territories.

The worst part, though, was the methane. Methane is stored in the deepest oceans in hydrates, also known as "clathrates," and also under the ground, where it's cold.

You may recognize that term from the "clathrate gun hypothesis:" Clathrate Gun Hypothesis

Methane is about 38 times more powerful than all the other greenhouse gasses. It's increased in our atmosphere, since 1750, by about 150%. This was determined by drilling ice cores.

Right now, the permafrost in Siberia is starting to melt. When it melts, it releases methane into the atmosphere. Which in turn increases warming--which in turn increases permafrost melting--which in turn releases even more methane.

That's the scale I work on. I don't give a shit if it's called "global warming" or "climate fluctuation." Really doesn't matter what it's called. But if enough clathrate guns go off, we are fucked.

I can't estimate when that would happen. I doubt it will be as soon as tomorrow. BUT SOMEBODY BETTER START PAYING ATTENTION TO THE METHANE BEING RELEASED, and not just because the whole world will smell like farts.

That's the stuff I worry about, not whether or not it's gotten warmer this year than last year.

Because if the methane goes up in the air.......

Yes, you who must leave everything that you cannot control
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul
Well, I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned
When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned
Post 04/01/17 08:19pm
 View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Life of Debauchery .com > Political Smackdown Post new topic Reply to topic