Bookmark and Share Trump blasts Franken, but stays silent on Moore    
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Life of Debauchery .com > Political Smackdown

BigW
Col Cad...Mutant...Extraordinaire

Trump blasts Franken, but stays silent on Moore

Trump blasts Franken, but stays silent on Moore

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump, who has largely stayed mum on the allegations of sexual abuse against Alabama Senate Republican candidate Roy Moore, blasted Democratic Sen. Al Franken Thursday night after a woman said he groped and kissed her without her consent.
By weighing in on Franken, Trump potentially invites another round of scrutiny over the past accusations of sexual assault that have been levied against him -- a risk that a source told CNN earlier this week was partially behind his decision to not comment on the Moore controversy.
"The Al Frankenstien picture is really bad, speaks a thousand words. Where do his hands go in pictures 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 while she sleeps?" Trump wrote of a photo in which Franken appears to grab a woman's breast while she was asleep during a 2006 USO tour. The Minnesota Democrat has apologized for his behavior and said he welcome an ethics probe into his conduct.

He continued, "And to think that just last week he was lecturing anyone who would listen about sexual harassment and respect for women. Lesley Stahl tape?"

Trump was referring to a 1995 New York magazine article quoting Franken joking in the "Saturday Night Live" writers' room about drugging and raping journalist Lesley Stahl. The article became an issue for Franken during his 2008 Senate election, for which he apologized at the time, though he later walked back the regret in his 2017 memoir.
The President has declined to weigh in forcefully, however, on the Moore revelations, which unfolded as he was abroad in Asia. When the allegations first surfaced, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement on behalf of the President that Moore should drop out if the allegations of sexual misconduct leveled against him are true, but Trump, himself, has declined to comment further and ignored several shouted questions from reporters when asked whether Moore should drop out of the race.
"The President said in his statement earlier this week that, if the allegations are true, then that Roy Moore should step aside. He still firmly believes that," Sanders told reporters on Thursday, noting, "This is a decision people of Alabama need to make, not the President."
Sanders did say, however, that a Senate investigation into the allegations against Franken were an "appropriate action."

Trump's relative silence on Moore is is in large part rooted in his own history of facing sexual misconduct allegations, a Republican close to the White House told CNN earlier this week.
In conversations in the West Wing on Wednesday, Trump expressed apprehension about being dragged into the topic of sexual assault or harassment if he weighs in.
"He's worried about the conversation moving to his past accusers," the Republican familiar with the matter said, noting that the President believes his accusers were unfair and some of Moore's may be, too.
White House adviser Kellyanne Conway offered a different explanation for Trump's silence on Moore, telling Fox News on Friday that, while the story was old news by the time he returned from Asia, the Franken controversy was "brand new."

"Well, Al Franken was a brand new news story yesterday and the President weighed in as he does on the news of the day often enough. The Roy Moore story is eight days old and the President put out a statement on his Asia trip on that," Conway said.
She added, "And since then, our press secretary has spoken on behalf of the president by saying that he believes the people of Alabama will sort out what to do with Roy Moore and with that election."
But Moore's controversy has been a frequent news story since Trump returned, and two new Moore accusers came forward as recently as Wednesday.
More than a dozen women have accused Trump of sexual assault, and his comments captured in the infamous "Access Hollywood" tape during the campaign threatened to derail his presidential bid. Trump has denied the assault allegations and accused the women of lying.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/17/politics/donald-trump-al-franken-roy-moore/index.html

Worst.President.Ever

Conservative Christian Coalition for Perfection

Post 11/17/17 12:59pm
 View users profile Send private message

Dmonix
Demon Cleaner

I can possibly see why.... With Franken, you have irrefutable proof, photo, witness' (except for the kiss)... With Moore, it's essentially hearsay and Trump had that shitload of accusations against him and where are they now?

Like Alex Jones said, being a 35 year old man and flirting with 14-16 yr old girls isn't illegal, but it's downright creepy. it's bad behavior and certainly should be looked into.

Myself, Dmonix, I don't agree with it at all... I got into plenty a fights on L.o.D. here for saying that guys 35+ going after even 18/19yr olds is disgusting, but below that age, even a 30 yr old going after young girls is sick and disgusting.... the World for some reason believes it can now be judge and jury because of the internet...

Should Trump me admonishing Moore? Well that's up to him... Is Moore guilty? That's not up to US, it's up to the courts to decide.... and again, I'm not saying I'm in favor of Moore.... I'm Canadian, what do ||I care who's who in American politics... And again will say, that 30+ yr old men going after any young woman under 18/19 is disgusting and sexually deviant...

Post 11/17/17 02:43pm
 View users profile Send private message ICQ Number

BigW

quote:
Originally posted by Dmonix
I can possibly see why.... With Franken, you have irrefutable proof, photo, witness' (except for the kiss)... With Moore, it's essentially hearsay and Trump had that shitload of accusations against him and where are they now?

Like Alex Jones said, being a 35 year old man and flirting with 14-16 yr old girls isn't illegal, but it's downright creepy. it's bad behavior and certainly should be looked into.

Myself, Dmonix, I don't agree with it at all... I got into plenty a fights on L.o.D. here for saying that guys 35+ going after even 18/19yr olds is disgusting, but below that age, even a 30 yr old going after young girls is sick and disgusting.... the World for some reason believes it can now be judge and jury because of the internet...

Should Trump me admonishing Moore? Well that's up to him... Is Moore guilty? That's not up to US, it's up to the courts to decide.... and again, I'm not saying I'm in favor of Moore.... I'm Canadian, what do ||I care who's who in American politics... And again will say, that 30+ yr old men going after any young woman under 18/19 is disgusting and sexually deviant...

Don't forget Dmon,Trump doesn't have room to talk.Also,I know Franken is the only one to admit to his wrong doings but also the only one to be forgiven.

As for the courts to decide,I believe it is way to late for any of Moore's misdeeds to be prosecuted.Since the age of consent was/is 16 in the State,only the 14yo could of been tried at all,no this is about that creepy Uncle we all have in our family.The people of Alabama will decide if they still want him as their Senator and the Governor has now come out backing Moore even though she said 'she has no reason to doubt what the girls have said'.

On a side note.Stop watching Alex Jones.That guy will warp your mind.I'm surprised your mommy didn't warn you.I'm calling Trudeau and asking for an investigation into this matter. laugh.gif

Post 11/17/17 07:17pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

One case is over 40 years old and is being denied. The other has been admitted to and has a picture that makes it seem worse.

Your blind hatred of Trump permeates everything you post, and gives you a blind spot to reason, IMO.

Post 11/18/17 09:12am

BigW

quote:
Originally posted by AWM
One case is over 40 years old and is being denied. The other has been admitted to and has a picture that makes it seem worse.

Very true,but denial doesn't mean they are not guilty.There are multiple women in both Trump and Moore's case,only one(so far) in Franken.

Your blind hatred of Trump permeates everything you post, and gives you a blind spot to reason, IMO.

I do not believe my hatred of Trump is any more severe than yours is/was against both Hillary and Obama.I guess we both have our blind spots.

Post 11/18/17 12:18pm

Dmonix
Demon Cleaner

quote:
Originally posted by BigW
Don't forget Dmon,Trump doesn't have room to talk.Also,I know Franken is the only one to admit to his wrong doings but also the only one to be forgiven.

As for the courts to decide,I believe it is way to late for any of Moore's misdeeds to be prosecuted.Since the age of consent was/is 16 in the State,only the 14yo could of been tried at all,no this is about that creepy Uncle we all have in our family.The people of Alabama will decide if they still want him as their Senator and the Governor has now come out backing Moore even though she said 'she has no reason to doubt what the girls have said'.

On a side note.Stop watching Alex Jones.That guy will warp your mind.I'm surprised your mommy didn't warn you.I'm calling Trudeau and asking for an investigation into this matter. laugh.gif

I watch Alex Jones because he's fukin hilarious, I've always kinda described it as like the scene in Howard Stern's 'Private Parts' when W-NBC is flipping out because Stern has shot up to the top of the ratings chart and they can't understand for the life of them why!

But in polls asking 'Why' people tune into Stern the answer is, "To see what he says next", trust me, there nights i shut him right off and tune into Steven Crowder instead or Joe Rogan

Post 11/18/17 02:44pm
 View users profile Send private message ICQ Number

BigW

quote:
Originally posted by Dmonix
I watch Alex Jones because he's fukin hilarious, I've always kinda described it as like the scene in Howard Stern's 'Private Parts' when W-NBC is flipping out because Stern has shot up to the top of the ratings chart and they can't understand for the life of them why!

But in polls asking 'Why' people tune into Stern the answer is, "To see what he says next", trust me, there nights i shut him right off and tune into Steven Crowder instead or Joe Rogan

Joe Rogan I know and like his comedy.Never really heard of Steve Crowder.Anyone is better than that asshat Jones.

Post 11/18/17 06:29pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

quote:
Originally posted by BigW

I'm quite sure I had something else to post besides hating Osambo or that old douche rag, though. Surely you have interesting opinions and points of view on other topics?

When I do check in here, and see 9 different posts, all politics - I just leave.

Post 11/19/17 07:44am

Zippy
All Knowing
All Knowing

quote:
Originally posted by AWM
When I do check in here, and see 9 different posts, all politics - I just leave.

Pretty much the reason I stopped coming here. The only reason I came back was to cover while WB isn't able to.
Post 11/19/17 08:38am

BigW

Well then,why don't we just get rid of the Political Smackdown section all together.If that isn't feasible right now,then I will promise to not open a new thread or make a comment until someone else does or until Wolfie comes back and makes a decision on this matter.How does that sound guys?

Post 11/19/17 12:33pm

Zippy
All Knowing
All Knowing

You are free to do as you wish within the rules, it's just not my thing. People on my Facebook that continually post political stuff either way get the boot from showing on my timeline. I've quit 3 different websites I used to frequent because they turned into political discussion cesspools. I'm working so much these days I'm not wasting my free time.
Post 11/19/17 01:09pm

BigW

That's just it.I do not want to lose members like you and AWM.There are very few of us as there is,but I've always enjoyed politics section.I have to admit I do not understand why my posting here stops people from posting in other sections,but if stopping helps I will gladly stop.I will just comment on what others posts and maybe think of something to open a new thread in another section.I did that just last month. laugh.gif

Post 11/19/17 09:21pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

There are just many more interesting things to write about; however whenever I tried that, there were no reads or responses.

I'd give it another go, perhaps.

Post 11/20/17 07:16pm

BigW

My problem is I've been so immersed with politics from 2010 on that I'm kinda lost on other topics.I'll try andf get off politics,but might take a while. happy4.gif

Post 11/21/17 12:47pm

Ripdog
What a fuckin' dog

Here's a political post for yas... laugh.gif
Post 11/21/17 05:46pm

BigW

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Post 11/21/17 09:02pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

I'll start posting my business blogs here and really run everybody off laugh.gif
Post 11/22/17 07:04am

BigW

That would do it. laugh.gif

Post 11/22/17 12:53pm

Life of Debauchery .com > Political Smackdown Post new topic Reply to topic