Bookmark and Share Local Mormon paper..........    
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Life of Debauchery .com > The Abyss

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

Local Mormon paper..........

Ran and pulled this on the same day laugh.gif

"David Campbell's assessment of why religion is declining in the United States, specifically his contention that the "religious right" has been a major contributing factor, seemed like a logical conclusion at first. Unfortunately, the Notre Dame professor completely missed perhaps the largest reason people turn away from religion. Factually incorrect statements with the intonation of divine authority are far more deleterious to religion, as evidenced by his ridiculous claim that "It is hard to think of a major social or political reform across American history that did not have religious roots".

I guess the whole gay rights issue, freeing them from the discrimination and persecution they endured for centuries, was a religious idea? Since I will not accuse Mr. Campbell of being stupid, I must assume he thinks we are. Perhaps Mr. Campbell would like to consider the issue of slavery, something both the new and old testaments supported and even gave instructions in. The abolitionists were clearly on the wrong side of the theological debate, something the slave holders never tired of reminding them.

Disingenuous preachments from people who make their living off the credulous are a major reason people are turned off. Add to that the stultifying of free inquiry, attacks on science, and a totalitarian attitude, and it's no wonder 34% of millennials say they have no faith. Progress of a kind, and long overdue."

AWM

Post 11/21/17 07:11am
 View users profile Send private message

BigW
Col Cad...Mutant...Extraordinaire

I too believe there are different reasons for people leaving churches and religion in general.I think the final straw that broke the Camel's back was when those stories started coming out about all those preachers screwing boys and girls in the Catholic Church and the bishops and Pope covering it up.Christ,if you needed a reason to get the hell away from churches and their organized religion that would be it.

Conservative Christian Coalition for Perfection

Post 11/21/17 12:55pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

Well, they were going to run that in print last Sunday, but the furor online after my letter posted scared them off surprised.gif

Nothing more fun that fucking with religion in a conservative state

Post 11/21/17 03:03pm

BigW
Col Cad...Mutant...Extraordinaire

quote:
Originally posted by AWM

Nothing more fun that fucking with religion in a conservative state

God,that does sound like fun.Would love to go into a confessional and start making shit up to the priest.Like I'm a homo spreading it to all I fuck.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Conservative Christian Coalition for Perfection

Post 11/21/17 09:00pm

Life of Debauchery .com > The Abyss Post new topic Reply to topic