Bookmark and Share Remember this big lie?    Goto page Previous  1, 2
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Life of Debauchery .com > The Abyss

Morticia
Off my meds and unsupervised

I do not believe in Global Warming. I believe the earth is going through a cycle and according to what I have read and the docs I watched, we are heading into another ice age. If true, doesn't matter, none of us will live long enough to see it. I watched a doc on PBS and the scientist on that said that the sun creates the ozone and for it to disappear, the sun has to stop coming up.

I see so many conflicting reports about it that I do not know what one to believe.

Now, before you start in on me, I do believe that we can do something about pollution. Reduce our carbon footprints,filter emissions at factories, reduce or even stop our use of insecticides (I do not use them). Some of us farmers put aside land for conservation. I could sit here all day and make a list but what is the use? Not everyone will do it.

Like I said, I do not believe in global warming but I do believe we can and should cut down on our pollution but that is not going to work unless all countries do it. And we all know, that is not going to happen.

Post 07/25/17 11:35am
 View users profile Send private message

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

Pollution is a good thing to reduce - but the hand wringers now want to call carbon dioxide pollution
Post 07/25/17 12:36pm

elemental
No Salvation
No Salvation

Global Warming is caused by Man-Bear-Pig.
So said Al Gore on southpark. happy3.gif

Post 07/25/17 01:50pm

draven
pissin into the wind

I could not give two shits about the climate, warming or cooling , i will adapt and survive or i will fail to adapt and die life is as simple as you make it or as complicated as you allow it to be smile.gif smile.gif
Post 07/25/17 05:26pm
 View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger

Ripdog
What a fuckin' dog

TRUTH...
Post 07/26/17 08:49pm

BigW
Col Cad...Mutant...Extraordinaire

quote:
Originally posted by AWM
Pollution is a good thing to reduce - but the hand wringers now want to call carbon dioxide pollution

"Though living things emit carbon dioxide when they breathe, carbon dioxide is widely considered to be a pollutant when associated with cars, planes, power plants, and other human activities that involve the burning of fossil fuels such as gasoline and natural gas."

Conservative Christian Coalition for Perfection

Post 07/27/17 12:39pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

quote:
Originally posted by BigW
"Though living things emit carbon dioxide when they breathe, carbon dioxide is widely considered to be a pollutant when associated with cars, planes, power plants, and other human activities that involve the burning of fossil fuels such as gasoline and natural gas."

Could not disagree more - and the entire planet full of plants would tend to take my side.

The hand-wringers had to come up with a new "pollutant" since we did such a good job of reducing the others.

Post 07/28/17 02:33pm

Wolfbitch
Warnings: 27,491

quote:
Originally posted by AWM
Could not disagree more - and the entire planet full of plants would tend to take my side.

The hand-wringers had to come up with a new "pollutant" since we did such a good job of reducing the others .

And the others were.....?

Yes, you who must leave everything that you cannot control
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul
Well, I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned
When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned
Post 07/28/17 07:43pm
 View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

FFS - all the other pollutants that we have removed from rivers, lakes, air, etc.
Post 07/28/17 08:35pm

Wolfbitch
Warnings: 27,491

You know, I was thinking my question over, and I realized it made me look like an imbecile.

Chalk it up to fatigue.

You mean like shit from factories pouring into streams, and coal, and lead and lead paint, and those types of things.

So I do have to ask one more, and hopefully less stupid, question.

Since we've already done so much, what's the problem with going another step and reducing the "carbon footprint" (I fucking hate that phrase) as much as we can?

Yes, you who must leave everything that you cannot control
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul
Well, I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned
When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned
Post 07/28/17 08:44pm
 View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfbitch
You know, I was thinking my question over, and I realized it made me look like an imbecile.

Chalk it up to fatigue.

You mean like shit from factories pouring into streams, and coal, and lead and lead paint, and those types of things.

So I do have to ask one more, and hopefully less stupid, question.

Since we've already done so much, what's the problem with going another step and reducing the "carbon footprint" (I fucking hate that phrase) as much as we can?

Nothing, if it did not entail a massive transfer of wealth from countries like ours to shithole 3rd world countries. Small little things that people can do make a big difference - witness the "give a hoot don't pollute" campaign in the 70's. While it was a corny little phrase, it really made a difference (just like the crying indian, remember that guy?).

Every regulation has consequences to jobs - some are worthwhile, some not. The panic over the environment and subsequent power and money grabs by charlatans such as Al Gore have only hurt people, not helped them. Now that retard is out making predictions again, even though he should be embarrassed by his last round of bullshit.

I know you're big on data and understand metrics, etc., so let me refer you to a pretty damn good website. www.humanprogress.org

Below is a graph showing pollution as it has fallen despite rising population (opposite of the dire predictions of the 70's). This shows the progress I was referring to.

Post 07/29/17 11:27am

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

Here it is, sorry.
Post 07/29/17 11:39am

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

Hey looky - they got busted AGAIN faking the numbers...............

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/australia-weather-bureau-caught-tampering-with-climate-numbers/

Post 08/01/17 12:37pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

If you'll actually watch this guy - he makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P5RW0Tmp-U

Post 08/01/17 08:28pm

BigW
Col Cad...Mutant...Extraordinaire

quote:
Originally posted by AWM
If you'll actually watch this guy - he makes sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P5RW0Tmp-U

He does have his own faults:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/science/coleman.asp

Conservative Christian Coalition for Perfection

Post 08/06/17 09:52pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

Snopes?

No credibility whatsoever, but I'll check it out with another source

Post 08/07/17 11:26am