Bookmark and Share Motorcycles    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Life of Debauchery .com > Debate

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

quote:
Originally posted by bloodpuppet
Great torque is what got me in trouble close to the end of the ride home. Coming through an S turn on a back road, I have been taking it in third on the Suzuki, and throttling up just as I begin exiting. On the Strat, I almost ended up in the ditch on the opposite side of the road. The power set me straight up, out of the lean. I wasn't expecting that. laugh.gif

The first year riding is the most dangerous - 2nd most dangerous is the first 100 miles on a new bike laugh.gif

Post 03/26/17 01:32pm
 View users profile Send private message

Wolfbitch
Warnings: 27,491

quote:
The flag was on it when I bought it, It will be coming off today. Not because it offends me or you, but because it, and the US flag on the opposite side are kind of tacky.

Sorry, I didn't see the US flag.

My objection was one of esthetics more than one of politics. No offense intended.

A bike like that doesn't need any ornamentation at all--it is already a creature of beauty.

Yes, you who must leave everything that you cannot control
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul
Well, I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned
When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned
Post 03/26/17 04:03pm
 View users profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bloodpuppet
No Salvation
No Salvation

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfbitch
Sorry, I didn't see the US flag.

My objection was one of esthetics more than one of politics. No offense intended.

A bike like that doesn't need any ornamentation at all--it is already a creature of beauty.

Thanks.

It is indeed a beauty. I just knocked off for the evening. The flags are off, the highway pegs are adjusted, the clock is set, the dash light is adjusted, and then I actually just sat in an old chair that is in the garage, staring, and planning out where I am adding LED accent lights, in dark blue of course. Oh, and I added blue aluminum valve caps, because it is the details that you don't notice, that make something special.

Post 03/26/17 04:37pm

BigW
Col Cad...Mutant...Extraordinaire

I know nothing about the mechanics of most anything,but I do know beauty and that cycle is beautiful.Congrats blood.Magnificent bike.

Conservative Christian Coalition for Perfection

Post 03/26/17 07:33pm

bloodpuppet
No Salvation
No Salvation

I am leaving the flag mounts on for the time being, because I saw a few I might run by my wife. Oddly, they are in the style of WWII nose art, which fits with the Stratoliner name. I don't think she will go for it, but I am going to try.

She did tell me to get these to hold the license plate laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Post 03/27/17 04:15pm

bloodpuppet
No Salvation
No Salvation

Holy fuck that bike has stroke. laugh.gif

Took a ride this afternoon, and time got away from us, so I hopped on a local 4 lane. 80 mph at a little over half throttle with both of us on. happy2.gif

Made it home in time to feed the dogs on schedule cool.gif

Post 04/02/17 05:17pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

quote:
Holy fuck that bike has stroke. laugh.gif

Took a ride this afternoon, and time got away from us, so I hopped on a local 4 lane. 80 mph at a little over half throttle with both of us on. happy2.gif

Made it home in time to feed the dogs on schedule cool.gif

Took mine to Nashville this weekend and ran it at about 85mph most of the way. Barley crests 3000 rpm at that speed, with plenty of roll on power to spare.

I also found an add-on to make it much more attractive grin.gif

Post 04/03/17 08:53am

bloodpuppet
No Salvation
No Salvation

Is that lowered? How much? I want to drop mine just a bit, to get away from the stock stance.

Also, I only have a 5 speed transmission, so 80 at 3000 rpm is pretty cool. I am guessing it would come close to the 140 on the speedo, but I am 20 years too old to try.

Post 04/07/17 06:51pm

AWM
No Salvation
No Salvation

quote:
Is that lowered? How much? I want to drop mine just a bit, to get away from the stock stance.

Also, I only have a 5 speed transmission, so 80 at 3000 rpm is pretty cool. I am guessing it would come close to the 140 on the speedo, but I am 20 years too old to try.

No sir, not lowered at all. I've upgraded the exhaust and downloaded the higher performance breathing module, etc. The frame mounted fairing makes it rock steady at any speed I have tried - though I've only had to 120. It had a lot more to spare; I swear I heard it call me a pussy when I let off the throttle. laugh.gif

Post 04/08/17 09:38am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Life of Debauchery .com > Debate Post new topic Reply to topic