Bookmark and Share Kill Scene - Zombie Nation Video Shoot    
Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Life of Debauchery .com > Music Discussion

Dmonix
Demon Cleaner

Kill Scene - Zombie Nation Video Shoot

OMG OMG OMG!! Never been so excited in my life!!

So, months ago, a friend in the local film industry recommended the band I play in as a perfect band for this kids feature length horror movie 'Kill Scene'.

He approached the band to shoot a music video for part of this movie, the movie, is made up of 13 short horror stories and he (the director) wanted one of the "stories" to be a music video.

So we got together and came up with a script for our part and then we set out to find a good location, obviously, something spooky as hell. Well we were kinda stumped, then the director remember this place:
http://www.zombiemanor.com/

This place is like a 9000 Square foot old airplane hanger. The guy who runs the place, was in the army, then worked for this provinces oil and forestry billionaire and made some insane money himself. he decided that the 3 piece suit, meetings all day wasn't for him and looked for something "else" for a line of work.

He's had an interest in horror movies all his life. His father was a taxidermist and also made accident recreations for training of fire and police, so he kinda grew up with gore and dead things.

He looked around the US and found these "Haunted houses", people go through and get the bejesus scared out of them. And this guy thought, "Fuck it! That's what I'm going to do!".. SO he traveled around the US learning from these Haunted house owners, learned some Special Effects Make Up and then, a guy he had met, wanted out of the business, so he sold this guy his "haunted house". Which he drove back from texas in 6 tractor trailers and set up in a city about two hours from my home town.

So today, the director and his girlfriend (who's also the producer and I went up to see this place!

You have to go to the website as I'm not allowed to share any pix or vids i took of the place. But it's jaw dropping!!
it's like an entire horror movie set, actually, a couple of horror movie sets.

So, keep coming back here for news on the video shoot. Which we will shoot the band next weekend.

Our story for the music video is about this rich decrepit old guy, who's watching a private horror fashion show, kinda like zombie chicks dancing and strutting down the cat-walk for him and the band is playing throughout the video, as the video goes on, the band appears bloodier and bloodier until by the end, we're completely drenched in blood, at the end of the video, one of the fashion show models approaches the old guy and and gives him a lil sexy lap dance, moving slowly behind him, she reaches around with a straight razor and slits his throat, blood pours from his neck as he twitches and dies, end of video happy3.gif

That last bit is my idea happy3.gif

So excited!!!! Go check out the website!!

Post 01/20/17 07:13pm
 View users profile Send private message ICQ Number

Dmonix
Demon Cleaner

This is it! Today we shoot our music video! So excited I could poop!
Post 01/29/17 06:05am

Dmonix
Demon Cleaner

The video shoot was awesome, our first video, so it took us some time to find our pacing, but once we got rollin' we kept on rollin'.... Started off all clean and pertty, by the end we were blood soaked and sore.

Now it's going to be excruciating waiting for the video editing.

I'm going back up to the place we shot the video next weekend for the storyline shoot. The director asked for some input on a couple of things and as he says, "It's your video", when it's really not, it's HIS movie lol...

But right about now, I feel like Loki did here after Hulk did his smashy smashy thing....

Post 01/29/17 06:41pm

Dmonix
Demon Cleaner

It's a wrap! video is shot! Today's shoot unlike the shoot with the band, which went off without a single hitch, well this one had a hitch a MAJOR hitch...

Leaving this morning, the director and camera lady, checked the camera, no problem. on the way up, they checked the camera, no problem, we got to the Zombie Manor, set up, about to shoot, camera is on, went to get the talent (model) and the $60,000 camera goes dead. They called everyone, including SONY, they don't work weekends lol, one of the former operators said, "OH, yeah, this happened to me once before, just turn it off and let it sit for a while"... Well we didn't know what shoot his was, but we didn't have time to "let it sit". Luckily, a friend of mine was asked a couple of days ago by the make up artist to tag along and shoot some behind the scenes shots, she's got a high end DSLR, a real nice expensive one, one capable of shooting movies, so thank goodness she was there and they shot the model sequences with her camera... We still don't know what happened to the SONY cam....Damn tech....

So, now, editing, the long excruciating wait. You all of course know, when this puppy is released, i'll be plastering L.o.D. with it grin.gif

This was a great and fun experience and one that we didn't have to pay a single dime (except gas money) into. Chances like these for bands rarely barely ever happen...

AND!!! We just got asked to perform in a web series wich shoots in March! This web series will of course be online, but will also be edited and sent to film festivals all over... We can't BUY publicity like this! Hope people like us lol, we might actually go somewhere!

Again, wish i could post some pix or vids, but the Zombie Manor is explicit in telling us that NO photos or vids be posted, aside from the music video, which wont give away any of their gags.

Post 02/04/17 08:12pm

Dmonix
Demon Cleaner

Big show tonight, well kinda...We're only playing 3 songs but it's for a local webseries that's going to air this Fall on the local music scene.

I'm honored to have a bit more of a part in this music webseries than my band mates as I've been part of the music scene since I was about 14. So I'm going to be interviewed a few times about the scene, the bands I've had the honor and privilege to play with and my contributions as a radio host who's dedicated as much of my shows to the Canadian Indie Metal scene.

The bands also just secured a new show in April at the cities Acadian/French community center. The guy putting the show on is one of the areas best lighting and sound techs, it's a huge stage, big lights, big PA. If we kick some ass, it's going to work very well for us. I'm thinking about getting someone to capture our performance.

Tonight's shoot I can't really capture as it's being filmed professionally and will air at a later date!

Post 03/13/17 02:38pm

Life of Debauchery .com > Music Discussion Post new topic Reply to topic